Manage Students includes listings for all of your students using MySciLife. If you don’t see any students yet, you need to have your students follow the Student Quickstart process to sign up and join your Community.
OOPS! If your students have already signed up but don’t appear in Manage Students, you need to approve their Community access in your Activity Feed! Once they’ve been approved, they’ll show in this page.
On the left side of every listing, you can see:
- The student’s real name, followed by their login name in parentheses. Click on this to view the student’s account profile.
- The names of all communities to which they belong.
- A list of the student’s identities. Click on an identity name to view that identity profile. Click on the pencil and paper icon to edit that identity profile. Click the trash can icon to delete that identity profile.
- The time and date of their last login.
- The Parental Consent Status of the student (VPC – see “Feature Set 6”).
There is also an Options menu at the bottom of the left side that includes the following functionalities:
- Edit Account: Select this option to edit the student’s account settings. Only you, the student, and their parent can see these settings. This includes the student’s first and last name, login name, email address, parent email address, birthdate, account bio, public sharing settings, and email opt-out/opt-in.
- Reset Password: Select this option to reset a student’s password in the event that he or she is locked out of MySciLife.
- Manage Community Access: Select this option to see a list of all of the student’s current Communities. Use the slider to adjust student access to a Community you control.
- Delete Account: Select this option to delete a student’s account. You will be asked to confirm this action.
WARNING: Deleting a student’s account will remove ALL information submitted by the student to MySciLife. This includes all identities, posts, comments, responses. This action cannot be undone.
In the center of each listing, you’ll see the following options:
- Moderation: Use the slider to adjust the student’s moderation settings. See the Understanding & Adjusting Moderation Settings articlefor more information.
- Public Sharing Permissions: Use the slider to adjust a student’s public sharing settings.
NOTE: Make sure you have parent permission for students to have their work shown publicly.
- Drafts: Click to view the student’s Drafts.
- Award Badge: Click to award the student a badge.
- Send Message: Click to open the Message Center with a message pre-addressed to the student.
On the right side of each student’s listing in the Manage Students panel, you can see all of the badges that a student has earned during their participation in MySciLife. Click X in the corner of the badge image to remove that badge.